12.30pm – Doors Open & Lunch
1.30pm – Welcome
1.45pm – Pitches
2.45pm – Break 1
3.00pm – Pitches
4.00pm – Break 2
4.15pm – Pitches
5.00pm – Judging
5.30pm – Winners announced
6.30pm – Drinks
What constitutes a prototype?
A prototype for the purposes of the Pitch Day event on 25 November 2015 means at the minimum; a presentation (pdf, ppt or keynote) that illustrates the mobile User Interface, ie: please show images of the app as it would appear on a mobile screen. You should clearly outline the user experience and technical feasibility. If possible, though it is not a pre-requisite for pitching given the short timeframe, you may present a functioning app that has been integrated with the SDKs or API. We will have an additional side-screen to the projector to allow for this.
Panel of Judges
– Christian Ahlert, Founder, MiniBarLabs
– Christian Weinberger, Lead Developer Applications, Iconmobile
– Stephen Squire, Global Marketing Director, P&G
– Maria Alejandra Apostoli, Senior Brand Manager Global and Europe Digital and e-commerce Oral Care, P&G
– Ingo Vetter, R&D Project Manager, P&G
– Alex Thalheim-Martin, Principal Researcher Interaction Design, P&G
– Neil Quick, Managing Director, Publicis London
All ideas will be presented before our panel of judges and rated against the following criteria:
- Proposition – What is your proposed idea or app? What exactly does it do and how does it work?
- Pioneering – What are the novel features of your idea or app and how is it better to what currently exists?
- Potential – How big is the market opportunity or impact of your app or idea? How can this be tested, demonstrated or proven?
- Practical – How easy or feasible is your idea or app to implement? What further work needs to be carried out to realise it cost-effectively in advance of Mobile World Congress in February 2016?
- Proposer – What are your or your company’s relevant capabilities and experience? Who is in your team for this project and what are their roles?
About Hack the Brush
Hack the Brush is an app development programme running from 26 October – 25 November 2015 to launch the Oral-B connected toothbrush web API and SDKs (iOS and Android). We are reaching out to deveopers to work on new apps that create a seamless digital experience and encourage better oral care. The highlight of the programme will be the Hack the Brush pitch day on 25 November 2015. Prizes will be awarded of 10,000 USD (1st Prize) and 5,000 USD (2nd Prize). In addition Oral-B will commit to work with selected teams to develop ideas further and present apps at the Mobile World Congress February 2016.