The Oral-B Connected Toothbrush App Development & Partnership Programme
Calling all developers! Sign up to Hack the Brush, create apps with the newly launched Oral-B connected toothbrush web API and SDKs, win prizes worth 10,000 USD and get support to develop ideas further and present alongside Oral-B at the Mobile World Congress in February 2016.
Hack the Brush is an app development programme running from 28 October –
25 November 2015 to launch the Oral-B connected toothbrush web API and SDKs (iOS and Android). We are reaching out to developers to work on new apps that encourage better oral care.
You can access the Oral-B SDK and API now by signing up to the developer portal. By entering Hack the Brush you can work directly with the Oral-B team on your ideas and win prizes. All Hack the Brush participants can sign up for extra support to develop prototypes (and play about with a bluetooth connected toothbrush) through ideation sessions in London, webinars and online documentation. The highlight of the programme will be the Hack the Brush Pitch Day on 25 November 2015. Prizes will be awarded of 10,000 USD (1st Prize) and 5,000 USD (2nd Prize). In addition selected teams will get support to develop ideas further and present their apps alongside Oral-B at the Mobile World Congress February 2016.
We’re particularly interested in reaching out to developers who are interested in:
- Gamification and socialisation that would incentivise kids, teenagers (11-18) and adults to have a better oral care.
- Linking up with other devices and apps that focus on improving your overall health and wellbeing.
- Incentivise better brushing and oral care through using data provided via the Oral-B Cloud Service API
- Find out more about Hack the Brush
- Find out more about the connected toothbrush, API and SDKs
- Access the Oral-B SDK and API now by signing up to the developer portal
- Register your interest in the Hack the Brush programme please mail firstname.lastname@example.org and include a short bio (200 words max).
- Or sign up for an ideation/webinar session